Friday, April 22, 2011

Sky Blue :)

After a few days with Kieko I was ready to move on to another color. Recently I bought Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri nail color in Blue-Away, a pretty robin's egg blue/sky blue color from Target for like $4.50. It's a really pretty blue so I decided to do that, and a layer of Sally Hansen DVD over it, since it has that great blue/purple sparkle. The sparkle appears purple when it's over purple polish, so I figured it would appear blue when it's over blue polish - and I was right! Although it is very easy to see lines, since the glitter polish is darker than the base color.

Here is just plain old Blue-Away. I was a little heavy handed with the application so it's not the prettiest but it looks much nicer a couple days later now that it's been cleaned up!


Then I layered DVD over the top:



And finally topped it off with a generous coating of Seche Vite as usual! I LOVE this top coat! It adds an extra 3-4 days to my polish life and even then there's usually like one tiny chip at the very end of my nail, nothing too noticeable! I see people with nail polish all chipped up halfway off their fingers and I'm like, how is that possible? I mean I would be like madly scrubbing to get the polish off my hands because I hate that badly chipped look, but clearly these people don't use top coats!! I was at Ulta and the cashier and I were talking about nail polish and I said how I love Zoya and it's long-lasting self, and she said she had put her polish on two days prior, and it was beyond chipped up! Like half the polish was missing, meanwhile my Zoya manicure + Seche Vite topcoat had one TEENSY chip after like 4 days of wear PLUS being filed!! 

Anyways...enough ranting! I think this mani looks nice but not my favorite. I think Blue Away would look nice as a pedicure! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment