Tuesday, October 25, 2011

International Swap With PolishSis!

Hi y'all!! I am so excited because on Friday, I got two nail mails - one was my order from Hare polish (Tumblr ; Etsy) and the other was my swap that I did with Inge from PolishSis! I was so excited to open the box and see what Inge had sent! I'll post later about the Hare polishes (I got Archipelago and A Positive!) but this post is all about my first big swap!

So I sent Inge her box a couple weeks ago and spoiled her with some nice OPI's and others that she can't get in Holland - I sent her OPI Too Hot Pink to Handle and Do You Think I'm Tex-y?, China Glaze Westside Warrior, Zoya Ki and Ivanka, Wet n Wild Night Prowl and Sparked, Sinful Colors Open Seas (a dupe for a OPI Pirates shade she had on her wishlist), and a little bitty Bon Bons glitter! We initially started the swap because I noticed she had Ki and Ivanka on her wishlist, and I happened to have an extra Ivanka and I wasn't too fond of Ki, so I emailed her to see if she wanted to do a swap. And then it ballooned into a big 9 polish extravaganza, haha!

Inge had everything wrapped up so cute in pink wrapping paper and ribbons! She also included a postcard, eye shadow, candy hearts and adorable Hello Kitty nail file! I definitely feel like I underperformed in my wrapping job - mine was very fancy with plain bubble wrap and a box which I reused, LOL.

Here is the box when I opened it!



It was so awesome to unwrap everything, like a birthday or Christmas present!! I will definitely have to do this in my next swap because it was so fun :)



Inge and I have similar taste in polishes so I felt confident she would pick out some great polishes and I was right! Here is what she sent me!



She sent:

  • Teeez Outta Control
  • Teeez Smooth
  • Gosh Gasoline
  • Catrice Pool Party At Night
  • DA 106
  • DA 108
  • Etos Effects 08
  • Etos Effects 06-07
  • Etos Effects 22
I particularly am in love with the Teeez holos because I LOVE HOLOS! But the DA polishes are gorgeous with a little extra sparkle! And I've never had a Gosh or Catrice polish so that's very exciting too! Finally, the Etos polishes are so cute in their tiny little bottles, I really love the reddish pink one with the sparkles!

Also, I think Inge has inspired me to start adding labels to my polish pics. I know a lot of times photos show up in Google searches (I search polish swatches ALL the time in Google Images!) and it's helpful when the pic is labeled so you know you're seeing the right picture/color!

Due to my hectic work schedule I've only been able to swatch one of my swap polishes so far but look forward to those swatches when I get back from my trip - I'm headed to Phoenix Thursday through Monday evening to visit my Grandma. I'll try and schedule a couple posts for while I'm gone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! So glad you like the polishes I chose for you! I had so much fun with this swap. I recommend you as a swap-buddy to everyone and would love to swap with you again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love your art nails, do not speak much English because I'm from Venezuela and my language is Spanish. also I have a blog http://maquiclubgirl.blogspot.com/ that just started. if you can pass and give me advice would be great.

    kisses
    ney

    ReplyDelete