Friday, November 25, 2011

Essence Prism@tic White

Hi friends! Happy Thanksgiving! I know it's not really *technically* Thanksgiving today, but I've had a long celebration - on Thursday I worked (time and a half woop woop!) and had a casual Mexican food dinner with my in-laws/cousins, Friday we had dinner with my husband's family and cousins, and Saturday we are having dinner with MY family, save the best for last and whatnot ;) So anyways I've been really enjoying all the family time and am thankful for it, I'm also thankful for my good health, my husband, and OBVIOUSLY my nail polish and all my nail friends! (That's you! Yay!) So again...Happy Thanksgiving! And now, let the Christmas season begin!!! :D (Or Hannukah, Kwanzaa, whatever you celebrate - I'm just thrilled to have my Christmas tree up and Christmas lights and holiday flavors and scents and Christmas music!!!)

 Today I have for you a polish I recently won from the Trace Face Philes! She sent three of the Essence Meet Me @ Holografics.com collection, and here is one of them!

Prism@tic White is a icy, pearly white with some blue shimmer. I think this was 3 coats but it may have been 4, to achieve total opacity and avoid visible nail line. As you can see I still have a little bit of VNL but I don't mind it too much as it looks a bit like a french manicure without actually having to do any of the work to get the white line, lol!

As you can see, despite having several coats, if you catch it at the right angle this still looks very translucent and almost like you're not even wearing any color! I think this polish would look better if you have short nails, so you don't run into the VNL situation.

Overall I thought it was quite pretty to look at, very girly, and I liked it more than I thought I would! Also I feel like it makes my fingers look really tan, haha :)

What do you guys think? Anyone else own any of the polishes from this collection?

While you're here, don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!!!! Free nail polish yeah!!!! Click HERE!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I haven't tried mine yet, I wonder if layering it over white would help? It still looks really nice on you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea with the white, it would definitely help with it being kind of see-through. I really like the shimmer, although I thought this would be my least favorite! I also like the blue/purpley one but wish the shimmer was a little more shifty rather than so one-toned if you know what I mean? They are all neat because I wouldn't have bought them because I was unsure of how I'd like them, but they are nicer than I expected! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! It might look nice as a topper over a darker color as well!

    ReplyDelete