Friday, November 18, 2011

Polish Galore Guest Post!

Hey y'all! Today I have a special treat for us, it's a guest post by Krystal from PolishGalore! A while back she and I did a little polish trade in which she sent me one of the OPI Serena Williams sets (with Spark de Triomphe and White Shatter) and so I decided to make her a franken as a thank you! She told me she loves purple, and sparkle, so I went to work! Without further ado....
------------------------------------------------------




Thank you Amy, for letting me be a guest writer on your blog!  Today I have your own custom creation, named for me by you – Krystal.  Krystal is a squishy purple almost jelly with multicolored and multisized glitter – kind of like a deborah lippmann Happy Birthday or Forget You but in a purple base!  Amy made this knowing my love of purple and glitter.  I used a base coat of Zoya Get Even and 3 coats of Krystal.  I did not use a top coat (didn’t need one for the shine!).

As you can see in the sun, the glitter is suspended within the layers of purple, so while it’s not totally in your face, it’s also not hidden by any means.  The glitter refused to focus for the camera, but you can at least see it nicely in the bottle!


In the shade, the base color appears a bit darker, but it’s just the absence of sun.  This purple is not as blue as China Glaze Grape Pop, but I feel it’s in the same family. (FYI Note from Amy: The purple I used it Ulta - Celebutante!)


This is probably my favorite shot of this polish – you can see how some of the glitter is sandwiched into the base color and how others is bright on top.  The formula on this was super smooth and removal was not an issue, even with the glitter.


Finally indoors with the flash – again you can see how nice the polish wears.  If you’d want more glitter, you’d just need to make sure your brush was loaded a bit more.  I may need to add a few ballz to the polish to help shake it up, but otherwise I’m in love with the custom franken!

Thanks again for having me!  For more PolishGalore, you can follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook,or just visit the blog!

2 comments: